Thursday 14 February 2008

Having a laugh

I was in town last week looking for a birthday card for a relative.

How come no matter how hard you try, it always takes ages to find a suitable card for someone?

It normally takes me at least 5-10 minutes to choose a card, and I normally end up looking at about six before I find the right one.

I think it is very easy to offend someone by buying them the wrong card.

Anyway aren’t people who laugh out loud in shops at the jokes on cards annoying.

While I was deliberating on which card to buy, there were two people nearby in fits of laughter at some of the cards on offer.

Ok some cards are funny, but not so funny you are left in hysterics.

I could even hear their laughter when I was queuing to buy my card on the other side of the shop. I would have loved to see what card they were looking at.

Meanwhile, I had pancakes last Thursday, because I was out on Shrove Tuesday.

They are very simple to make, and a bit of sugar and lemon juice makes them very tasty. Last time I went to France I had crepes and they are even better, especially chocolate crepes.

Finally can Tiger Woods win all four majors this year? He is said to like the four courses where golf’s biggest tournaments are being held. The last time The Open was at Royal Birkdale, he was one shot off the winner, Mark O’Meara.

No comments: