Tuesday 13 January 2009

Library ticket found

I lost my library card last Tuesday.

At first I thought I had dropped it at home, but on returning to the house it was nowhere to be found.

I looked everywhere in a 15 minute search, however it had vanished.

On realising the card had been lost I was not too disheartened as I knew it would be easy to get another one. It was not as if it was a credit card. Although I was annoyed that a card I had had since 1995 would not be found again.

However I went to the library on Wednesday and was pleased to be told by the librarian that the card had been handed in. So, whoever found it and brought it to the library, thank you.

It is a shame that a cricket team that showed so much unity to win The Ashes in 2005, is now in such disarray.

Kevin Pietersen had shown a lot of promise to marshal his side in their win in the last test at The Oval against South Africa and also brought back a rejuvenated Steve Harmison.

The situation turned though when England lost five one-day games against India.

In the end Pietersen thought he had the support of the players in asking for their coach Peter Moores to resign, when in fact they were indifferent to his calls.

Andrew Strauss, who is now England captain, has a difficult task in building bridges to unify the team, while dealing with the egos.

Let's hope that England can win back The Ashes this year. It's a shame there is no Ashes test at Old Trafford though.

No comments: