Tuesday 6 October 2009

Watching the Red Arrows

It was amazing to watch the Red Arrows at Southport again this year.

I have lost count of the amount of times I have seen their display over the years, but they are just as good every time.

There is always a sense of anticipation before they arrive and they never disappoint.

My 21st birthday, 10 years ago now, coincided with the Southport Airshow and I will always remember the Red Arrows flying past during my party.

My favourite manoeuvre of theirs, is when they almost fly towards each other and then turn away at the last moment.

Their display is on for about 20 minutes, but you are transfixed throughout.

All of the Red Arrows team are fast jet pilots from frontline Royal Air Force squadrons.

Meanwhile, there is nothing worse than having to wait for ages in a queue in a supermarket while nearby there are lots of empty check outs.

I am not saying it is the fault of the sales assistants, but the managers – who should be making better use of their staff.

Finally The X Factor is as addictive as ever, but do we have to be subject to the programme over two nights.

On Saturday we had to wait till after the first advert for any of the hopefuls to sing. And Sunday’s programme was solely dedicated to the judges’ decisions.

I wonder what will be Christmas number one this year.

No comments: