Sunday 17 January 2010

What makes us happy

A NEW survey has said that a good night’s sleep makes us really happy.

I would agree with this up to a point – there is nothing better than waking after an early night.

But I think there are more important activities to me, such as spending time with family and friends.

Or maybe enjoying a good tasty meal, I also like chocolate treats throughout the day.

Meanwhile it was a novelty to see heavy snow this month – children were able to build snowmen and have snowball fights, but it led to some dangerous roads and pavements.

Many pavements were turned to sheet ice and there must be ways to tackle the ice on the pavements.

People’s leisure time was also interrupted too with football games cancelled and golf courses closed. In many cases the only sports that have been able to be played are indoor ones like snooker.

Finally I enjoyed Lynda La Plante’s The Red Dahlia on ITV recently.

The first episode was gripping and was acted very well.

But as soon as the murderer was revealed in episode 2 I lost some of my interest.

Let’s have more shows like this on TV.

No comments: