Monday 2 June 2008

Britain really has got talent

I THINK it was Simon Cowell who said that after the disappointing result of Great Britain at Eurovision it was Britain’s Got Talent that showed that this country has skilled performers. I agree.

Many people in the UK don’t take Eurovision seriously, so when we came last the majority of people weren’t surprised.

I’ve forgotten who sang the song, and what the tune was called.

But I enjoyed the final of Britain’s Go Talent on Saturday night. Here were acts – some of which were quirky - who could engage the audience.

My favourites were Signature and Gin the performing dog. However I wasn’t as impressed with Escala or Andrew Muir.

Escala, who judges said were original, reminded me of Bond.

I was surprised at the winner though. George Sampson’s act was good, but I thought voters would have gone for classical singer Andrew Johnston, who looked gutted to come third.

It was equally surprising to see Jodie being chosen as Nancy in the new West End production of Oliver!

I thought Samantha or Jessie would have taken the role.

Meanwhile an interesting study has shown that playing golf helps you live longer.

The study looked at 300,000 golfers and showed 40% were less likely to die at any given age than those who did not play.

I would also have to agree with this. Many golf clubs have members who play well into their late 80s. I remember one man, who used to have a round of golf into his 90s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it PG Wodehouse who warned about older members of golf clubs!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.