Wednesday 3 December 2008

25% off in the sale

THE English love a bargain don't they?

I was in Southport town centre at the weekend and noticed that one clothes shop, which was selling most items at 25% off, was packed, while a similar store nearby was empty.

The tills were ringing in the shop with 25% off and there was a queue of people waiting to buy items.

It looked like shoppers were purchasing the clothes because they were reduced, not because they needed them.

Another busy day for shops is Boxing Day. Folk haven't finished off the Turkey and they are already rushing to the nearest shop to search for the latest bargain.

Meanwhile how is it that some types of meals or desserts make you feel ill? I like almost all foods, but can't eat lemon meringue pie, or cheese and onion pie without feeling slightly queasy.

I think it must be because I had a bad experience of eating the two dishes at school, and it has put me off them for life.

I can't even stand the smell of cheese and onion pie.

Liverpool will again be recognised when the BBC's Sports Personalty of the Year Awards are held at the city's Arena.

The city has already just held the MTV Europe Music awards. My bet for first prize is F1 driver Lewis Hamilton.

No comments: