Wednesday 10 December 2008

Rubik's magic

Apparently the Rubik’s Cube is back in fashion.

And with Christmas coming up, it could be a popular gift for nieces and nephews, or sons and daughters.

Do you remember the Rubik’s Cube, it was the toy where you had to manipulate the puzzle, so all the sides were the same colour.

I had one when I was younger, and remember it used to drive me mad as I twisted and turned the block to try and solve the puzzle.

Some people used to cheat by switching the stickers, or dismantling the pieces.

While other kids used to solve it within minutes.

When I was younger, I also had the Rubik’s Clock and Rubik’s Rings.

With the Rubik’s Clock, you had to try and make all the clocks match and tell the same time. It was almost impossible and again sent me crazy.

The Rubik’s Rings required you to complete the shapes.

These toys may not be as exciting as computer games but provided hours of fun. They were also less expensive.

Meanwhile the X-Factor final is next week. Diana Vickers was booted out on Saturday.

Competing for this year’s prize will be JLS, Alexandra Burke and Eoghan.

All the judges apart from Dannii Minogue have an act in the final.
My money is still on Alexandra.

No comments: